8.07.2010

Snake vs. Toad

I'm sure at some point this kind of stuff will become routine enough that I won't blog about them anymore, but for now I'm happy that I'm not hillbilly enough to consider this a normal sight to see in our back yard.

Yesterday the girls and I were playing in the "sand box" (term used lightly, since it's really just a pile of dirt) when Rae said, "Look, Mom. There's a frog. And a snake."

I looked over and sure enough, there they were. Both animals were sitting perfectly still, with the snake pointed toward the frog, like this:


They sat there for a good 4-5 minutes like that, perfectly still. And then all of the sudden, the snake lunged forward and attacked the toad!!! He grabbed the toad by the belly and I turned my phone camera on as quickly as I could. It's kind of hard to see because they were under the soccer ball. When I tried to move it, the snake got spooked and slithered away.



Did you hear the girls?
Ruby: "Go, frog! Go!"
Rae: "Bye, little frog! Good luck finding your family!"
So cute.

No comments: