6.28.2010

More Pictures from William O'Brien

Our planned camping trip to William O'Brien State Park with my family didn't turn out as we had hoped. We opted out Friday night because of the severe storms that were coming through. Normally, I would be game for tent camping in a storm (sounds exciting to me), even with the kids. BUT we have two kids and three dogs...in one tent...in a storm...and it just didn't sounds like a solid plan.

So we decided to make a day trip on Saturday. But on Saturday morning, JP woke up sick, coughing up green stuff and experiencing pain in his lungs when he breathed. (JP has severe acute asthma, so it's very easy for him to develop bronchitis or pneumonia.)

On Sunday the girls and I did finally make it to the park for a day trip, and JP stayed home on the couch. We didn't get to spend nearly as much time playing with the cousins as we had hoped, but we had a great time nonetheless.

Playing at the banks of the St. Croix River
Splashing in the fountain on a hot day
Ruthie (my sister's youngest)
The infamous sliding rock. A favorite since my childhood.

No comments: