2.09.2007

Doctor, doctor, give me the news


Today Israel had her first doctor's appointment. She is healthy and strong, and has gained back all of her birth weight plus one ounce. Thank you Jesus for a healthy little girl. We were concerned about a hint of jaundice, but Dr. Spencer says she looks great.
We had a bit of a scare today, though. When I was filling out Rae's paperwork for being a new patient, we found out that her health insurance does not contract with our clinic! I am covered there on my insurance through WCCO, but JP and Israel are on Minnesota Care's Metropolitan Health Plan, and the clinic doesn't work with that plan. I nearly started crying because I was so upset that she wouldn't get to see Dr. Spencer. And since I will soon be on Minnesota Care too, I would not be able to have Dr. Spencer deliver our future children. After finding such an amazing doctor, I was so upset.
But HALLELUJAH - I called MN Care as soon as I got home and requested to switch onto a different health plan that would include the clinic in our network. At first the guy told me we couldn't switch until next fall (so we'd still need to find a new doctor for Rae), but then he put me on hold and did some checking around. Turns out the law changed just recently and we were able to switch to Medica. That was a huge relief to both me & JP. (Have we mentioned how much we love this doctor?) :)
So anyhow - that's the doctor update. I also had good news - I have already lost nearly all of my pregnancy weight. Guess I was all baby, and I'm sure nursing has a ton to do with it.
That's what's new for today!

1 comment:

Lori said...

I'm just catching up on some blogs! She is adorable!! How wonderful to have such a good doctor and insurance that covers the visits! yeah!!