1.17.2007

Idol

A friend of mine's sister was on American Idol last night and made it to the next round! Her name is Rachel (Seward) Jenkins. I went to school with her brother, Stephen.
Rachel is 21 years old and her husband left 2 months after their wedding to serve in Iraq. She has since joined the Army Reserves (hence the fatigues) and works at the family business, an auto body shop. She sang "His Eye is on the Sparrow" for her audition song. She is such a sweetheart and I hope she goes all the way! Congrats Rachel!

2 comments:

Lori said...

I saw her. She is very good!! I hope she makes it all the way too!!! I'm sorry to read about Bill. Will definately keep him in our prayers!

Anonymous said...

Wow! She still looks so much like she did back in school! I really hope that she wins! :) Go Rachel!!!

Is there anyway that I could hear her singing "His Eye is on the Sparrow?"