8.19.2006

Butterflies

Today, Jesus gave me the greatest anniversary gift - I felt the baby move for the first time. What an amazing and mighty God we serve.
The doctor had told me that I should start feeling the baby sometime soon, so I had been paying close attention. Today JP and I took a nap, and I decided to lie awake for a while and see if I could feel anything if I concentrated on it. Sure enough, there were those "flutters" that all the other moms kept telling me about! It was the most amazing thing!
This is a picture of a baby at 15 weeks. He or she is almost 5 inches long now. If you shine a flashlight on my belly, he'll respond to the light. It's just so incredible.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, that is so exciting! I remember the first time I felt Emma move, it was so wonderful. And the only thing that I missed about being pregnant with her was the moments that she would kick or roll over. It was like our own private time. nothing you can explain until you experience it yourself. Elliot only moves after I eat or when I want to sleep, but I love it anyway

Anonymous said...

Good morning Honey:

That is the most wonderful gift! I'm sitting here with tears in my eyes. I just can't wait for my new grandbaby:)

Love you-

Momma G