10.09.2011

The Name

I sat on the couch with my laptop staring at the list I had created, the soft blue light illuminating my face in the dark room. I could feel the contemplative look on my face causing my brows to furrow and had to intentionally tell my facial muscles to relax. "This shouldn't be that hard," I thought. My phone rang.

"Hi honey, I'm finally on my way home." JP had worked a long day.

"Ok," I said without even processing what he had said. My mind was elsewhere. "Do you think that Audra Charlebois Photography is ok? I mean, I know my name is long and hard to pronounce, but it seems to be the most obvious choice."

"No, people are going to butcher it."

"Yeah, you're right. Well, do you like Tentmaker Photography?"

"Uh...it's ok, but I don't love it. I like the concept behind it, but it doesn't sound very artsy."

There was a pause in the conversation, and then JP continued.

"I want you to know that I'm proud of you for all the photography stuff. It's cool that you've found something that you like that can help provide for the family, but still keep us first, like the Proverbs 31 woman."

Another pause, then something went off in my head.

"Hey! What about 31 Photography?"

"Yes. That's it! I love it."

And that's the story about how we decided on the name...



So...what do you think? :)

(Logo design by Zandrah Kurland. THANKS, Z!!!)

6 comments:

bruce said...

Love it.

priya said...

ditto what your dad said.

priya said...

oh - and love the logo too.

Sarah D said...

Perfect!

Anonymous said...

The word of the Lord has come to light!! Love it!!
Mom

~Mistee~ said...

Love it! :-)