1.02.2012

Not Me! Monday


Mckmama- Not Me Monday

I'm not sure if I'm planning to jump back on the "Not Me! Monday" bandwagon again, but today had too many good ones, I couldn't resist.

Today, Rae was not walking around with a blanket over her head. She certainly did not trip on JP's water jug and even if she had, she would never have fallen and busted her two front so badly that they went fleeing in opposite directions. One tooth would never have jolted forward while the other jumped backward, leaving her perfect, straight little teeth jagged and her already full lips bleeding and swollen.

If any of that had happened I wouldn't have wasted a trip to the only dentist open the Monday after New Years only for them to tell me there's nothing they would recommend doing except wait for the baby teeth to fall out and her permanent teeth to grow in.


Seeing her crooked little teeth wouldn't give me horrible flashbacks to my days before braces, when my two front teeth looked eerily similar to hers. I wouldn't cringe thinking of how I used to try to only smile with my mouth closed for fear of revealing them.

Thankfully, my darling, sweet girl doesn't care about such vanities, and is just as smiley as ever, even at her first ever dentist visit. :)


Overshadowed by all of this wouldn't be our dog, Gideon. On the final hunt of the season, he didn't corner a porcupine; and he certainly did not bite it, only to be punished with quills to his nose, tongue and mouth. Dumb dog.

Ok, so I guess that was only two stories.

The Christmas posts are still coming. I'm going to need a good chunk of time to sit down and record it all. You can view some pictures here and here and here and here. :)

1 comment:

David and Bethany said...

Ha! I'm so glad you're doing these posts again...they always make me laugh! Miss you!!