9.29.2010

Ruby is 2!

Today we celebrated Ruby's 2nd birthday, and what a joy she is to our lives! She is the perfect combination of sugar and spice, with an extra pinch of spunk thrown in just for kicks. I keep going back and forth between, "I can't believe she's already two," and "I can't believe she's ONLY two!"

We started the morning by opening her gift. It was a princess jewelry set, full of crowns, rings, earrings, bracelets, etc. Rae picked it out for her. What's even sweeter is that Rae had picked out a toy for herself at the store with JP, and when they both remembered Ruby's birthday, Rae put back her toy to pick something out for Ruby. She was so excited to do it, too.


After breakfast we went to story time at the Library, then came home to make cupcakes. Let me tell you...there is no easy way to let a 2-year-old do sprinkles all by herself.



And finally, after dinner, we did the whole singing / blowing out the candles thing. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say candles? I meant matches. Improvisation is the key.


Thank you, Jesus, for our precious Ruby. Wouldn't want to face a day without her smile!

1 comment:

Sarah D said...

Ruby is such a beautiful little girl. Ahhh, I cant believe she is 2 already either!