2.16.2008

Sick Baby

Tonight Rae and I are home from church because she started puking today. She's puked four times so far, poor baby. She can't keep anything down.
I should have known something was up when she was highly disinterested in her lunch. She normally loves to eat. She forced down some stuff, but not much. Later she ate a good portion of a banana. Shortly after that, I tried to give her some grapes, but she refused them (which she NEVER does) and just wanted to be held. So I picked her up and...the rest is history. Three times in a row.
Later in the day she woke up from her nap crying, which is highly unusual. I went in to check on her, picked her up, and what do you know. Round four.
To make matters even worse: I tried putting her back in the tub after episode #4, but she was bawling and kept trying to crawl into my arms. So I decided to fill the sink up and rinse her off there instead. Well, her arm must have hit the hot water handle, and burning hot water started pouring out of the faucet onto her leg. She, of course, freaked out and once I realized what had happened, I freaked out. Her leg was all red, so I called my mom in tears and asked her to bring over some Melaleuca oil. Thanks, mom, for your help!
Rae is sleeping now. Her leg is fine, I don't even think it hurts her at all. She and I are both on our third outfits for the day. She is still in good spirits, which is a blessing. Please pray that her tummy will settle soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

POOR RAE!!!! Oh my goodness, is there anything more helpless than a sick baby?! We will be praying that it's just a virus and will pass quickly in Jesus name! (and grace for mom and dad, too!!)