9.06.2007

Two Months Later, $200 Cheaper

So, yes, it is true that two months after the release of the iPhone, the price has dropped by $200. I guess it's a bummer, but you knew it was coming, right? However, many people were so upset about it that they wrote Steve Jobs nasty letters...and he has responded in the form of a $100 gift card to anyone who bought the $599 iPhone (that's us!).
This Letter is the reason why we are Apple people. Steve Jobs is the man, and he's taking care of his most loyal customers. He is by no means obligated to throw us all a bone, but he did it anyhow in order to maintain a good relationship.
By the way - JP has been thrilled with his iPhone.

3 comments:

Chris Good said...

I love my Mac, my ipod, but he isn't doing it out of the goodness of his heart. His original statement when he was asked the question was that no refunds would be given and that's how technology works.

I actually agreed with that, but in the blogosphere and the tens of thousands of emails kinda changed their mind.

Big companies that care about their name do bend to pressure...

The Charlebois said...

I didn't know that about his original statement...maybe he's not the good ol' guy we thought he was. :)
I would have agreed with that idea too, however.
Either way...we're getting $100 gift card and we still like Apple. :)

Chris Good said...

:)