9.03.2007

MN State Fair 2007

Today ends the 12 days of fun known as the Minnesota State Fair, and this year I did more than my share to contribute to the success of the fair. In all, I ended up visiting FIVE TIMES this year. Don't get me wrong, I love the fair, but I am definitely ready to be done with it until next year.
Still, I had fun, and here are my pictures.
On Thursday, Rae and I met up with Scott, Nicole & Beckett. Here is Beckett with a little lamb at the Miracle of Birth Center:

And Nicole as a Mountie:

We were given free tickets to the BB King Blues Festival on Thursday night!!! Etta James opened - she is an amazingly talented but surprisingly DIRTY woman!!!

Next was the Rev. Al Green - our favorite part of the show!!! He even got his preach on...

And of course, the King of Blues, BB King:

As I mentioned in my previous post, Rae and I went to see Bill Carlson at the fair on Friday morning. This is him greeting the crowd:

Friday night, we went back to the fair with James and Alyssa Knoblauch, but I didn't get any pictures of that.
Sunday, we went with JP's dad, step-mom, sister, brother-in-law, and our niece Ava. Here she is eating sweet corn:

Ava and Scott actually went down the giant slide, but Rae just got a picture.

You'll notice the Sweet Martha's stand in the background. :)

2 comments:

David and Bethany said...

Looks like you all had a lot of fun!!! Wish we could have joined you! The TX State Fair doesn't start until the last weekend of Sept.!!! Hopefully it will be cooler then! ;)

Lori said...

What a fun time!! I miss the fair - I haven't been in a long time. I use to be invited to go every year to help celebrate my birthday!!
Maybe next year?!!