3.21.2007

All Night Long

Today I am one happy mama. Last night, my 6 week old slept through the night for the first time! She slept from about 11:00pm to 7:45am this morning! What a champion! I am just thrilled! We've been working very hard at this goal since the day we brought her home from the hospital, and all that work is beginning to pay off.
She did, however, apparently participate in some freestyle sleeping last night, because when I went in to get her up this morning she was sleeping SIDEWAYS in her crib (versus horizontal). That's especially strange since she sleeps with a positioner wedge - she and the wedge had both moved!
Rae has always slept well, but I am nonetheless very excited to see her making these big developmental steps so soon in her little life. She is also doing other "big girl" things like holding her head up and locking out her knees to "stand" on your lap. I'm so proud of you, Rae!

P.S. This picture is from yesterday. I put her in her car seat before leaving the house, went into the kitchen to get my coat, and when I came back out she was asleep like this. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good girl! My mom always said 6 weeks was a real turning point with babies. Congrats-

PS-That picture is hysterical!!

G

Meg Flaming said...

Audra,

Meg Tuttle here! Nicole told me about your blog when we met for coffee over Christmas when Emily was home. Congrats on becoming a mom! Thanks for posting pictures of Nicole too. I can't believe she is a mom too!

Meg