11.02.2006

The Patriotic Side of Sears

I checked this out and it is true:

"I assume you have all seen the reports about how Sears is treating its reservist employees who are called up? By law, they are required to hold their jobs open and available, but nothing more. Usually, people take a big pay cut and lose benefits as a result of being called up...Sears is voluntarily paying the difference in salaries and maintaining all benefits, including medical insurance and bonus programs, for all called up reservist employees for up to two years. I submit that Sears is an exemplary corporate citizen and should be recognized for its contribution.
I suggest we all shop at Sears, and be sure to find a manager to tell them why we are there so the company gets the positive reinforcement it well deserves.
Sears needs to be recognized for this outstanding contribution and we need to show them as Americans, we do appreciate what they are doing for our military!"

2 comments:

Chris Good said...

As far as I can remember, Wells Fargo does this as well. I believe it's for a year, but I do remember seeing some extentions being given to everyone serving.

jerarbw said...

Here is the actual link to sears and their official statement regarding their support for military personnel: http://www.searsmedia.com/sears/military.htm