11.03.2006

Borat - DO NOT GO SEE IT!!!

Last night, JP and I took a friend and my brother to a free advanced screening of the new film "Borat." We were excited about going - Borat is an offensive character played by comedian Sacha Cohen, but he's pretty darn funny. However, we had no idea what we had gotten ourselves into and I would recommend that NOBODY GO SEE THIS MOVIE.
We were expecting the movie to be offensive and cross a few lines, but there were a couple scenes - two in particular - that were so crude, so gross, so vulgar, that it ruined the entire movie. And one of the scenes was sooooooo long. I had to keep my eyes closed through it and have JP tell me when it was okay to open them.
There is also quite a bit of Jew bashing in the movie.
I was so disappointed, and I know of quite a few people who have been excited to see this movie...so I just wanted to give you all a head's up. If anything, wait till it comes out on DVD so you can fast-forward through the crude spots.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Well now Im curious, kind of like when someone says 'dont look down' but you still have to!

Stuart B said...

I saw Borat on Conan on Wednesday night...and I was already sufficiently disgusted.

Only good thing about Borat is that if you can find certain pictures of his "bathing suit" online, they make great Myspace message gags...don't worry, you are safe.

Shudder.

Anonymous said...

I won't dispute that its disgusting, but Sacha Cohen (Borat) is a Jew and I was under the impression that any antisemitism was in there as an indictment on its presence in American culture, not as any sort of promotion of it.