4.14.2006

"Pink" as Role Model

By default today, I just so happened to be watching the Ellen DeGeneres show on Channel 4. She had singer/star "Pink" on her show talking about her controversial song and music video, "Stupid Girls." During the interview, Pink was talking about how she wants to be a roll model for girls by living her life as an example of how to not conform.
The very next thing she said made me shake my head, and I quote: "It's fun to be different, be rebellious, and make your own decisions."
*Sigh*
I don't have daughters, but I know this isn't the type of roll model I want in my future childrens' lives. This is such humanistic thinking. Rebellion is not fun. It cuts you off and leaves you alone. And trying to make your own decisions will always end up in peril. Let God make the decisions in your life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well Audra, I DO have 3 daughters as you may remember, and I surely don't think Pink is a good role model either.

Ben House
Baxter MN
www.myspace.com/b6enhouse