4.24.2006

I love spring

Here are some pictures of some of the lovely things blooming in my yard right now. The tree is a pear tree, and unfortunately, we're going to be chopping it down soon. It's beautiful now, but come August it drops millions of pears everywhere which in turn get rotten and attract bees right by our back door. If I picked them all up, I could gather about two grocery bags full of pears each day for two months. And they smell. So despite all of its beauty, it must go. At least I have these pictures to remember it by.
The other is my azaleas. They will stay.
I can't wait for it to get little bit warmer out so I can really get my hands dirty out in the yard. I don't have much of a green thumb, but I want to learn. I have a lot of work to do, though, because the people who lived here before us, although they had a yard full of beautiful plants, didn't keep it up and everything is overgrown.
I love spring.


1 comment:

Lori said...

Very pretty! I love Spring too!!