2.06.2006

Our New Little Bundle of Joy

After six beautiful months of marriage, JP and I are happy to announce our first little bundle of joy! Yes, that's right, we are adding a new member to the family. It's a boy, but we haven't decided on a name yet. The due date? Thursday, February 9th, 2006.

***WHAT??? THAT'S THREE DAYS FROM NOW!!!***

Yes, I know...

***SO, DON'T YOU KNOW THAT IT TAKES 9 MONTHS FOR A BABY TO DEVELOP?***

Yes, of COURSE I know that. Sheesh! Who do you think I am?

*** WELL, THEN DO THE MATH, SILLY.***

Thanks for your input, but the reason its not taking us quite as long is because we're adopting. He's already 12 weeks old.

***WHAT? ADOPTION'S GREAT, BUT ANYBODY WHO'S EVER BEEN THROUGH THE ADOPTION PROCESS KNOWS THAT IT CAN TAKE YEARS TO WORK THROUGH ALL THE MUMBO-JUMBO.***

Not in our case. That's because our new little addition isn't coming via stork...because he's a puppy!!!! :)


Here he is! Ain't he cute? He's a soft-coated wheaten terrier. 12.5 pounds. His fur starts out this color and then changes to more of a lighter "wheat" color as he gets older. We're picking him up on Thursday and we're so very excited! Today I went out and bought all sort of stuff that we'll need, like food and water dishes, puppy food, some toys and some treats. I wanted to get him one of those big pillow beds, but they're so expensive!!! Have you ever priced one of those?

Like I said, we haven't come up with a name yet. So here's the deal - we could use some help. I'd like to take a vote out of our three top options and see what you all think would be the best name.

The nominees are:

1.) Boomer - the name of JP's dog that he had growing up, also a soft-coated wheaten terrier

2.) Charley Boy - a play on words, since our last name "Charlebois" is often mispronounced "Charley-Boys"

3.) Caleb - Hebrew for "dog"

So please, cast your votes (by Thursday if possible!) and we promise to take your input into consideration!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations of your expanding family! My vote goes to Charley Boy because I like the way the little girl in All Dogs Go to Heaven says Charley.

The Charlebois said...

Me too! I actually thought of that when we first thought of the name...

Anonymous said...

I like Charley boy or Caleb.
Actually, I like Caleb better...I think. Just because it means "dog", although I like the play on words with Charley boy. But not Boomer. Doesn't JP feel there can only be one Boomer in his life? I would feel that way...i think.

I'm not much help!

Stephanie Balvin said...

I like Charley Boy, it's fun! Plus we want to name our next boy Caleb. But Caleb would be fine too.

Anonymous said...

All of the chioces are dumb.
How about Fido?
Why such a small dog?...you should have just gotten a cat.
My cat could eat that dog like a breakfast sausage!

:)

j/k

"boomer" is the best in my book.

margaret said...

I like Charley Boy. Actually I think you should name him Mr. Charley Boy... I think it's funny when people put a Mr. or Mrs. with their pet's name!

Anonymous said...

I vote for Caleb, because I think it's funny to name animals after the animal they are.

- e - said...

Charley Boy for sure, cuz! (=

Lori said...

Charley Boy!