7.25.2012

Becky's Baby Shower

Every baby is a blessing, and anticipating the arrival of any baby is exciting in it's own way. But let's be honest: once you get to babies #4, #5, etc., it turns into more of an, "Oh, that's nice, how fun!" sort of sentiment, rather than the "Ohmygodohmygodohmygod I'm so freaking EXCITED!!!" feeling you may have had with your first child.

Back in 2006-2007, we had a lot of those "Ohmygodohmygodohmygod" moments when Amber, Micah and I all had our first babies.

Now, I feel like we're reliving that same level of excitement as we wait not so patiently for the arrival of my brother Joe & his wife Becky's first baby next month! Little Isaac is due on 8/13/12.

My mom, sister and I hosted a baby shower for Becky on the 15th. It was so fun to get to put together a baby shower again! Isaac's nursery has a giraffe theme, so we tried to echo that in our party planning. Everything turned out great, and I think Becky was blessed by the outpouring of love and gifts for her sweet baby boy. Thanks to all who came and shared in the fun!

My gorgeous mom put a lot of time and energy into creating this adorable melon ball bassinet! 


We commissioned some friends of our to make this uh-MAY-zing cake. The gals who made this are just out of high school and incredibly talented. 
 
Welcome, baby Isaac!

Food table

Becky, you are so BEAUTIFUL!

900 wipes! Yes! (j/k...it wasn't really wipes)

All of the Harpel girls who were present at the shower. 
(Left to right: Naomi, Amber, Becky, Mom, Ruby, me, and Rae)

No comments: