6.15.2012

Parenting + Baby Gender Poll

Yesterday was one of those really CHALLENGING days in parenting. I woke up tired and crabby. It was gray and stormy outside. All I wanted to do was stare out the window with a cup of coffee in my hands and watch the rain fall. It wasn't the kids' fault (Well, except Rosie. She truly was being a monster.); I just didn't feel like being the mom. I simply wanted to be left alone.

But being left alone is not an option when you are a mom. The kids need food and drinks, help with buttons, answers to life's probing questions, potty training assistance, snacks, boogers wiped, help finding lost shoes, rescuing from bugs, and the assurance that you love them all day long. At the end of the day, I was just thankful that the day was done.

Today has been better. The girls helped me complete a whole bunch of chores, we played outside, worked on JP's Father's Day gift, and now I'm waiting for them to fall asleep so I can go weed the garden (if I try to weed while they are awake, Rosie tries to "help" and pulls up my green beans.).

Most days are good. Some days are overwhelmingly wonderful. And some days are just plain hard. Through it all, I love being a mom to my three sweet girls, and I look forward to welcoming our fourth child in 20 more weeks!

That's right, I'm halfway there now! I'm still feeling great, definitely "showing" now (although I haven't had to give up my regular jeans yet), and I'm looking forward to our ultrasound next Wednesday, the 20th. Please pray that this baby cooperates and give us a peek -- I am dying to know if #4 will be a boy.

What do you think? Take the poll on the left hand sidebar. :)

No comments: