5.30.2008

Quick Update

I don't have a ton of time, but wanted to post a couple quick updates.
A lot of people have been asking me how potty training is going.
Well, see...that's the thing. :) I haven't really started yet. We bought the potty chair and sat on it a few times to get used to it; we even ran around bare-bottomed a few times. But I kind of think she's still a little too young. I think I'd be training myself on when to take her to the potty chair than training her when to tell me she needs to go. 
I think I'm going to wait until 17 or 18 months. I've seen it successfully done at that age. My ultimate goal is to have her trained by the time Ruby comes. 
Speaking of Ruby, I had a doctor's appointment yesterday that went very well. Everything is still fine and dandy. I'm measuring a little small for how far along I am, but it's nothing my doctor is concerned about. 
Rae's cousin, Ava, turned two last week. Those two girls are getting to be such great friends and playmates. They're almost the same size -- people ask if they are twins all the time. Lisa (JP's sister) is still on bed rest until these twins arrive! Her appointments have been going well, and they were even able to see each of the babies breathing on their own in her ultrasound this week, which is great news. That means their lungs are developing quickly, in the event of them showing up earlier than expected. 
Next weekend we're going on our first annual family camping trip with the Harpel side. I can't believe how much I'm looking forward to this trip. It is sure to be a hoot with Malachi, Elijah, and Rae all running around and exploring things, with Zachary close behind and poor Naomi wishing she could crawl after them. Stay tuned for plenty of pictures and stories from that trip. 
That's all I have time for. Here are some pictures. Hope you're having a blessed day! 

Rocking out to daddy's music recordings.
Playing with Ava on her birthday.
All smiles!

No comments: