10.14.2005

Rose of Sharon, Rare and Sweet


Yesterday I met up with some friends for lunch. It happened to be one of the gals' birthday, so on the way to meet up with her my other friend and I stopped at the farmer's market to buy her some flowers. A small thing, but we thought it would be nice.
After returning to work I received the following email:

"So, the flowers you got me prompted the receptionist in my office to ask me, 'OOOh, where did you get the flowers???' (no doubt she thought it was some boy)...and I said, 'Oh, my friends got them for me, because it's my birthday!' And she said, 'Oh, how old are you?' And I told her. And she said, 'Oh, so you were just legal last year, huh?' She's in her forties (and apparently went to rehab 2 yrs. ago). And I said, 'Actually, I haven't had a drink since I was 19.' And she said, 'Oh, really? Why not?' And I got to tell her that Jesus is my Lord, and I neither want nor need to drink anymore. And it turns out a Christian friend of hers has been trying to "convert" her...and she just agreed to go to the Women of Faith Conference with her. So now I can minister to and pray for this receptionist. And I had been kinda bummed out b/c I wasn't having much of a chance to minister here (I've spoken out but not really been able to minister). So see what those flowers prompted!
Thanks again...
For He says, 'AT THE ACCEPTABLE TIME I LISTENED TO YOU, AND ON THE DAY OF SALVATION I HELPED YOU'; behold, now is 'THE ACCEPTABLE TIME,' behold, now is 'THE DAY OF SALVATION.'
-2 Corinthians 6:2"


HALLELUJAH! Who would have thought that the simple act of stopping to buy a bouquet of flowers would open up doors to ministry. That's what we like to call a "divine appointment!" God was pre-ordaining that situation.
I hope all of you reading this will ALSO be praying for this receptionist. God is surrounding her with "Women of Faith" to minister into her life. Sounds to me like she is ripe for the harvest!
"Thank you, Lord, for using me in some small way...."

No comments: