10.09.2005

Malachi Harpel


This is my nephew, Malachi. He is due to be born December 8th, 2005. Today, we went to the first of I don't know how many baby showers and, like women do, "cooed" and "awwwwwed" over the tiny little baby clothes, booties, and other baby apparatus. We played the "don't-cross-your-legs" game (which, I'm sure, every woman reading this bog fully knows what I'm talking about while the men are scratching their heads) and pretended to be reluctant about eating cake. It was a fun time.
Lately, whenever I start to think about Malachi I get all misty-eyed and emotional. I just can't wait to meet him! I wonder what he'll look like...if he'll have Micah's blue eyes or Missy's curly hair...whether he'll be shy or outgoing...what he'll be when he grows up. I can't get over how much I love him with every bone in my body - and this isn't even my own child! How much more will I love my own baby? Is it even possible to love more?
I've been thinking a lot lately about God the Father and just how much He must love us. I can see how much Micah's face lights up with love and pride at the mere mention of Malachi. I've seen the same look on my dad's face toward us, as well as the look of pain when one of us children has made a foolish decision. And then I think of God watching us, His children, knowing our every thought, loving us so much it hurts. He's more than just a great and powerful God...more than Savior and Healer. He's Abba, Father, Papa, Dad.
I don't really have much of a point to make about all of this...just wanted to give you the chance to think about it, too. Its really an overwhelming thought. If we love Malachi this much, how much does the Father love us?
"For God so loved the world that He gave us His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him might not sin, but have everlasting life." John 3:16

No comments: