5.23.2012

Pregnancy Update

I am now 17 week along in my pregnancy with baby #4. I felt the baby move for the first time on Mother's Day, and now I notice it all the time. He/she seems very active!

Yesterday I had a checkup and the nurse couldn't find the baby's heartbeat. The doctor tried next and for a long time he had a hard time finding it, too. Eventually he found just the right spot, and I breathed a big sigh of relief to hear that wonderful "whooshing" noise. I really wasn't too worried since I had just felt the baby move that morning, but it was still comforting to know that everything is fine.

I continue to feel very well, even though I do still feel exhausted at the end of the day. My belly is popping out a little bit now; enough that I can't hide it anymore, but not enough to make me look "pregnant"...just "chubby." I'm still wearing my regular clothes, and I still haven't gained any weight yet.

It's kind of strange to me that at 17 weeks, JP and I are still mostly undecided on name choices. We have two boy names we can't decide between and even more girl options. I think we both "feel like" this baby is a boy, but after three girls, we know not to count on it! We'll find out for sure on June 19th, though -- ultrasound day! Yay!

No comments: